Wednesday, March 2, 2011

iPad2 in the Music Classroom

I won't be able to get one for awhile but here are my initial thoughts:

1. Huge shift forward. While there were several programs that were garageband-style by putting the mac standard program on the iPad I really see the death of the music computer lab. Same with iMovie.
2. The biggest changes I am seeing in my class are how access to information changes. A class of students creating, researching, viewing, recording while the rehearsal is continuing. The iPad2 will only improve that.
3. Camera. I see iPads on music stand and students playing for people across the globe (or across the band room!) using skype.

I really feel in my classroom a huge paradigm shift. We havent even finished the school year with the iPads and I feel like we cant keep up. There is no question that technology and its pace needs to change budget cycles. We simply cant plan in October of the previous year for what we need next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment