Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Update

I have been put on leave. I am not sure how long I will be out. I don't expect it to be long. We are very lucky that we have a nice lady coming off a long-term sub position at the middle school. She will be able to step right in.

Here are my general ideas for the spring:

1. Choir: repertoire choices include Hey You (Larsen), Sisters (Walker) and maybe doing some Glee stuff. I want to spend most of February on Broadway and solo singing.
2. Band: we are going to get started on the Aebersold books. I'm hoping this will work. This is a tough group and I have been looking for something that will encourage them to work. I haven't found it yet.
3. Music Theory. Combination of push towards the AP test in May and lots of creating. We hope to move forward with the iPad ensemble and perform at several spots. I have several projects ready to go for this group.
4. Elementary band: We had to cancel our winter concert due to my health. Not sure if we will do just the spring concert or spring concert plus a mini-concert. I hope to get several new pieces out to them. I hope to do the Aebsersold books with them too.

In addition:
1. Grant writing. 2011 grants will be due in early Spring.
2. Organizing. I need to really streamline how I do my work. Since the stroke I can't keep it in my head.
3. Getting help. I need help. I can't do this by myself. I need to recruit active, dependable helpers.

1 comment: