Thursday, December 2, 2010

Livestream

I have been playing around with options for streaming video and audio. I am trying out Livestream right now. I don't like it yet.

This morning we broadcast our choir. You can go to our page to see the archive. Now it worked pretty well, we did it using the webcam on the macBook and it went right onto the air. The kids were really focussed and I think having an audience is a great thing for them.

But, I don't like the commercials. And I need some more equipment. There is something unique about live performance that I would like to keep. But I'd also like to drastically improve the quality of the broadcast (we need to sing better too!).

If you have ideas on how to do this easily, cheaply, and well please send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment