Thursday, January 7, 2010

Exams

For years my exams in performance classes has been students performing the All-State audition. Prepared piece, sight-reading, scales. I plan on continuing that in the future.

However, for this exam I tried to push our work online. I have moved from a 1-1 class in the computer lab to a classroom with no computers. I have become friends with the copy machine again. I need to get my students online and producing work.

So I wrote a new exam. Students will create a two minute video based on topics we covered during the semester. I'm hoping to do three things:
  1. Have students perform. Work will be saved online, creating a portfolio.
  2. Have students create a product and get it done on time.
  3. Have students evaluate other work.
Will it work? Not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment